OK, this edition of the Carnival of Debt Reduction is a bit late, but for a VERY good reason. Last night, hubby pinky-swore that he will be selling the big stupid truck, that I have nicknamed the “stupid tax on wheels,” that we still owe half a year’s worth of pharmacy school tuition on! WooooHOOOOO! That is a our last debt, and our biggest obstacle to being debt free, and soon it will be GONE. This morning I was out snagging a serious bargain on his replacement truck, and paying yet some more stupid tax in the form of yet again locking the keys in the car. This time, it was my son, who thoughtfully started the car up to run the AC so it would be nice and cool inside when I climbed in, who actually did the honors…so $600 for an extremely mechanically sound Ford Ranger, and $45 to get my car unlocked. Hubby was having second thoughts when I woke up, but after consulting with his “legal advisors” decided that a pinky swear is just as binding as a spit-shake. So in a few weeks to a few months, depending on how fast we can get the specific POA to move the truck, the chart in the side bar will change from a debt free countdown to a savings count UP.
Now, for the carnival LOL Here are my “editor’s picks” from this week’s submissions:
- Reggie, the black kid with good credit presents Why I didn’t use Credit Counseling… posted at Reggie, the black kid with good credit. Great personal testimony and how it’s better to do-it-yourself.
- Nancy Fuller presents DEBT! A Four Letter Word! posted at Info for Your Potential. Yup, it sure is a four letter word, and a bad one at that.
- Lynnae presents What Little House on the Prairie Taught Me About Debt posted at beingfrugal.net. No Lynnae, you aren’t carbon-dating yourself…I watched that show too!
- Silicon Valley Blogger presents Hooked On Credit! 5 Ways The Credit Card Companies Get Our Kids To Sign Up » Money and Personal Finance Blog In Silicon Valley posted at The Digerati Life. Be afraid, be VERY afraid, for the credit card companies are targeting YOUR kids for kiddie branding!
- Golbguru presents The Worst Credit Card I Have Ever Seen posted at Money, Matter, and More Musings. Personally, I would call that ANY credit card…but this one is really bad!
Now for the rest of the debt reducing posts for this week:
- paidtwice presents Key to Significant Debt Reduction So Far posted at I’ve Paid For This Twice Already….
- teaspoon presents Solving Our Savings and Budget Issues - The No-Budget Budget Way posted at www.TeaspoonFinance.com - Financial wisdom, one teaspoon at a time….
- Pinyo Bhulipongsanon presents No such thing as good debt? posted at Moolanomy.
- NCN presents 33 Days And 33 Ways To Save Money And Reduce Debt posted at No Credit Needed.
- King of Debt presents How to Make Sure That Your Extra Payments Go Towards Reducing Your Principle posted at We’re In Debt.
- mariette presents False Hopes And Credit posted at The Boulevard to Retirement.
- Tim Ramsey presents Paying Down Credit Card Debt - 5 Key Points posted at My Debt Relief Plan
- Jack presents Starting with nothing first steps: Starting at nothing. posted at Starting With Nothing.
- Abdulrasool Sumar presents How to Negotiate Debt Obligations with Creditors posted at Debt Consolidation.
- plonkee presents getting out of debt the British way posted at plonkee money.
- jeanjeanie presents When just enough is good enough posted at Growing Up ….
- Jen presents What is a Crisis Plan? posted at Picture of Wealth.
- Prince of Thrift presents Bankruptcy - Why Not? posted at Becoming & Staying Debt Free.
- Living Better presents Rebuilding Credit Part 1: Pay Down Debt posted at PlainAdvice.
- Nick presents Here’s A Crazy Idea: How About A Six-Month Prohibition to Cut Debt, Eliminate Alcoholism, and Save Families posted at Punny Money.
And now, for some that aren’t directly related with debt reduction, but can still be used in the overall debt reduction plan:
- Ryan Russell presents Saving money bashing brand names posted at My Money Knowledge.
- Jonathan presents Marriage and Money: Allowances For Adults? posted at My Money Blog.
- Chris Russell presents Working Hard Does Not Produce Success posted at Productivity Planner.
- Starving Artist presents INDEBTED 2 YOU: Head Count Reduction - or - My Company Might Fire Me: Post 1 posted at INDEBTED 2 YOU.
- The Happy Rock presents Tricks The Banks Play To Make You Pay posted at The Happy Rock.
- Super Saver presents Top U.S. Universities and Where to Go To Avoid Debt posted at My Wealth Builder.
- Steve Faber presents - Ways to Save Money on Things You Do Everyday posted at Debt Free.
- glblguy presents 7 Things I’ve Given Up to Prune My Expenses posted at Gather Little By Little.
- Eric Stanley presents Are You Falling Into These 4 Frugality Traps? posted at Personal Finance Blog Articles.
And that wraps up this week’s Carnival of Debt Reduction.