Best of DFR
PaidTwice over at I’ve Paid For This Twice Already… mentioned on the M-Network board she was putting together a “best of” page together, I have to admit that sounds like a brilliant idea to me so I will shamelessly “steal” it and so without much further ado, here are the Top 5 posts (so far) by number of comments:
- Dave Ramsey: Con Man, Cult, Leader, or Other? Nothing like a good old-fashioned Dave Ramsey post to stir things up! People either love him or they hate him, but seldom does anyone have no real opinion about him.
- You CAN Get Out of Debt! The monster comment post, it also made it to the 2nd round of Free Money Finance’s March Madness competition.
- Credit Cards For Emergencies? NO! A simple T-shirt I saw on campus has spawned a three post and counting debate…
- Build a Cash Reserve and Kiss Those Credit Cards Good-Bye Another in the T-shirt debate that spawned the not as commented post If Credit Cards Went The Way of the Dinosaur…
- The Great Credit Card Debate This is the wrap-up that links to all of the posts involved on the different blogs
- Officially DEBT FREE But the House! “THE” announcement everyone was waiting for!
OK, so I snuck in an extra post in my Top 5 most commented posts LOL Now, for my personal favorites from my blog:
- Of Credit Cards and College Since I am in college, and my son will be starting college right after I graduate from pharmacy school, this is a subject of utmost concern to me. I think it should be required reading for all incoming college freshmen…but I may be biased.
- Financial Tug-Of-War The battle over the “stupid tax on wheels” ended, but then a new struggle has arisen. I never imagined I wuld be fighting this battle!
- Get Out of Debt and STAY Out of Debt! I was asked what my one piece of financial advice would be …I guess I am rather predictable here! LOL
- This is How We Eliminate Debt! This is the post that got hubby listening to Dave Ramey and finally on board with the whole debt-elimination program/plan I am working. That alone makes this my all-time favorite post!
- How I Found Dave Ramsey and My Credit History These two posts will give you the best insight on where I am coming from and how I decided on the Dave Ramsey debt elimination plan to fix my financial mess. Before you try to convince me that credit cards are somehow “good” you might want to take a peek at both of these posts!
New section - Posts about my son, which seem to be VERY popular:
- Money Advice to My Teenage Son
- The Economics of Feeding a Teenage Boy
- The Borrower is SLAVE to the Lender (my son made the mistake of asking to borrow money from me)
- Putting My Teenage Son on a Grocery Budget
- Teenager on a Food Budget - First Week
- “A Gallon of Milk Costs More Than a Gallon of Gas!”
- Teenager on a Budget: The Milk Update
- Week Two: Teenager on a Food Budget
- Teenager on a Food Budget: Week Three
- Teenager on a Budget: Frustration (this is week five, no post for week four)
- Teenager on a Budget: Stocking Up Trying to teach the boy the fine art of stocking up when something is on sale
This page will get updated from time to time as things change, but I think it is a great starting point for anyone new to my blog